Wednesday, February 24, 2010

To Cute For Words

So, I have to gloat, not about my 2 pd weight loss that I've been working hard on (no diet secret here, just exercise and eating right, yuck), or the perfect check-up my two sons got at Dr. Cohen's, or the fact that Nugget is officially, that's right officially, a diaper-free potty trained toddler, =), but about how cute my little one looks in his new underwear. To on lookers it might seem strange that I'm talking about my son in underwear and not about the successful potty training that I spend two weeks blogging about, but I can't help it. Seeing his cute little butt in underwear that are just a tad to big, they don't make 24 month old underwear, unless I'm not looking in the right spot, is more gratifying than seeing his pee-pee in the potty.

Due to my husband's desperation, and harsh threats, I've opted not to post a picture of his cute booty in his Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse underwear. But I can't tell you how much I wish I could. If you could see his little toosh you'd want to bite it. Seriously. And, up until yesterday's talking to, I'd shown all of Dr.Cohen's staff, my mom friends at the library, the woman upstairs, everyone who can receive a picture message in my address book, and of course a few pictures on my camera to which I plan on sending to my family and my husbands. Today, so I can blame the time on happening before my husband put his foot down on not exposing our son, I'm uploading the camera pictures and sending them off to my in-laws. I can just see my mother-in-laws face, not amused. Inside it makes me giggle. I can't help it, after all I've spent several blogs just talking about my immaturity, so she can't be that surprised.

For Nuggets first Christmas card, I chose a delicate, yet characteristic photo of my little man baring all. Trust me, I'd spent weeks finding the perfect Christmas photo outfit, gone down to the beach for the perfect 'we live on the beach' Christmas shot, listened to a neighbors instructions and drove to Fortunoff to take a picture of him in every display possible, and even ruined my friends antique irreplaceable ornament taking pictures of him in front of her picturesque tree. But ultimately I favored the side of immaturity and chose a favorite picture of mine, Nugget standing next to the tub, flinging his towel into the water. His little dimply butt exposed to the world, and his face revealing a devilish side. I loved it! 100 of my friends and relatives opened their holiday mail to my son's bare-all pre-Chippendale photo. My mother-in-laws response, "They're going to arrest you."

So now, as I prepare to send her my son's new covered Handy Manny bottom, I can't help but smile and wonder what she'll say when she calls. But more importantly I can't wait for my husband to loosen his hold so I can drop my sons pants to the floor, sharing with everyone my son's cute new butt covered underwear. Ahh, its the little things that make you proud to be a mom. Man how I wish I could show you!

No comments: