Sunday, January 25, 2009

Knoop Luck

Eight years ago when I met my husband, young, cute and all about me (you know, the way it is before the wedding vows and children-dates, movies, romantic nights at home..) he used to tell me about the bad luck he habitually had, "Knoop Luck" he called it.
I laughed him off and reassured him that it was a good thing he met me, I had "Millo Luck," and "Millo Luck" could surely counteract his "Knoop Luck." And so it did, until I became a Knoop. Suddenly the "Knoop Luck" my husband had always talked about was rubbing off on me.
Now, with three Knoops in the house the "Knoop Luck" seems to be taking over our household.
Don't worry I won't get into all the before details of my Knoop luck, like the center diamond that fell out of my wedding ring and insurance wouldn't, but I will take this moment to vent about the three person strong Knoop Luck that's hanuting me.
To begin, a young girl ran through a red light on Broadway the day before New Years and hit my husband so hard that the front of our car was completely ripped off, we're still driving a rental and waiting for our car to be fully repaired, the following week our landlord announced that he was moving to Germany for his job and that we would need to find another place to live by March 1st, need I tell you how many apartments are not out there right now, next I brought Nugget to a house whose parent and child had a strong cough but swore they weren't sick, even though my gut told me different, and two days later I'm rushing Nugget into the Pediatrician's office with a 102.5 fever and a horrible cough-long story short Nugget had RSV, Bronchitis and the Croupe, which put both of us on a stand still until about now-I can't express how scary and heart wrenching it is to sit with your baby in the bathroom while you try and steam him out so he can breath, or hear him wrestle to catch his breath while he slept or played, but today, after things have started to get better, our 13 year old dog walks into the living room where my son and I are playing and starts peeing and pooping right next to us!!!! Uh, will I ever catch a break!! I'm starting to think my husband and I should pull a George Costanva move and do the opposite of everything our Knoop instincts tell us is right.
What ever happened to a nice relaxing Sunday anyway? Did a dog poop on that too?
I'm not sure, but before I end this on a bad note, I have to let you know that the "Knoop Luck" is starting to become humourous though. At this point what else can you do? Besides throw up when your dog poops and pees next to you?
I think it's time for another girls night out.

No comments: