Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Debt Diet

Not necessarily a New Years resolution, but a resolution for the start of the new year, for my husband and I, was to go on a debt diet.
To start our goals are small. First we've vowed to spend only a $150.00 every 2 weeks at the grocery store, and if you think that's easy than you don't know what I've been craving-everything (I swear since the morning sickness has ended and I've welcomed my second trimester with joy, my stomach is trying to make up for lost time.) Second, we're putting an end to the weekly, sometimes twice and thrice, dinner deliveries, you know, pizza, Chinese, Sushi, etc.
We're also tackling things individually. I'm having all our bills taking out automatically to save on any late fees, and I'm going through each bill to see what we can cut back on and what we're paying to much for, while my husband is bringing his lunch to work (something I've struggled to get him to do for almost 4 years now).
Sound pretty good for a start right? I think so. Only yesterday I noticed something, my husband didn't bring home my Tupperware. When I thought about it I couldn't remember the last time I'd washed one of my containers that he's taken to work.
"Babe, where'd you put the containers your lunch was in?"
"Oh, I think I left them at work."
So now my question is this-if X is the cost of food he pays when he buys his lunch and Y is the price I pay for Tupperware for him to take his lunch are we coming out the same, a little less or a little over what the original cost was before my husbands portion of the debt diet? I think I need Susie Orman for this one.

No comments: