Saturday, January 3, 2009

Milk-a-holic!

So, we're finally here. The point where the formula is no more and the gallons of milk take over. And, most importantly, the point where I no longer have to make that trip down the baby food isle to find the formula or food I need gone, whisked away by some super group of moms that I swear go to Waldbaum's in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn to load up on the sale items-especially formula ones!
My sister-in-law warned me, "Don't throw away your left over formula. You'll need it to wean him onto the milk." So I didn't. I kept it, wondering how long the weaning would last, only it didn't. Dr. Cohen, my beloved and highly recommended ped., told me to go cold turkey. "Forget the weaning. Unless there's a problem let's get rid of the formula. Nugget's a good baby. You shouldn't have a problem."
And, boy did we not. If anything we had the reverse. Nugget took one sip of his Vitamin D milk, pulled his cup away, looked at it and then at us, and then threw that cup into his mouth faster than he coudl blink. It was as if we had just given this kid the best thing ever. He finished his cup in record time and then held it out and grunted for more. No joke, this kid's first year appointment was on Monday and we're on our second gallon of milk for him.
My husbands calling him a druken sailor, while I'm calling for a milk intervention. Believe it or not I think this is going to cost us just as much, or possibly more, than his gallon o'formula. But at least there's one pro to the situation-we can now drive through Dairy Barn to order his drink-o-choice instead of having to run into Waldbaum's or, sigh, search for a non-super mom spot that still has his brand in stock.

No comments: