Tuesday, December 2, 2008

How come?

How come this family of 17 that's all over the place seems to have more energy and get more things done than I do with 1 baby? Even Jon & Kate Plus 8 seem to be doing better than I am. Could it possible be easier with more? Or are you in such a baby state of mind that the smallest achievement like mopping the floor is a grand deal? And is it possible that Mommy Guilt has no room to exist? Even so what do they do when they're feeling overwhelmed and in need of their own time, because I know I can't be the only mom out there who needs a break from time to time. Like today for example.
Today I'm tired, and let's just be honest-Bitter. I've been back from my Thanksgiving getaway at my in-laws for 5 days and I already have a pile of laundry to bring to the mat (no my apartment doesn't have a washer or dryer), a sink full of dishes (no my apartment doesn't have a dishwasher), unwritten thank you notes, a Christmas letter (I swore to myself I'd do one this year) that I've yet to begin, writing assignments that aren't finished, writing contacts I'm supposed to be making for writing gigs, Christmas cookies that I was planning on making and giving as gifts to my friends and neighbors-but I can't seem to get to any of them done. Sometimes I look at the day and wonder what I did. And somedays showering doesn't even fall in the list. Maybe I need some vitamins? Or just a full day in bed? But whatever I need I can't get to it today because I'm off to the Source to take Christmas pictures of Nugget at Fortunoff and then I've got to get to the mall to see what I can scrounge out for gifts. Don't be surprised if I stop off and shave my head too. Hey it would be one thing I could knock of my lists of everyday to-do's!

No comments: