Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One of those days

You know those days, everything starts off great and then one by one your day falls apart in front of your face. Well I'm having one of those, only mine seems to be caring over from yesterday.
50 degrees yesterday. Yes, it was cloudy, but it was 50 degrees. I grabbed Nugget as soon as he awoke from his morning nap, strapped him in his stroller and hit Park Ave. I had a list of things that I wanted to get accomplished, but stopping at the new UPS store by Blockbuster instead of the Post Office was a lazy mistake. I ended up paying almost double for a package that will arrive at the same time, simply because I was lazy. But after that all went well. I got a few of the things I needed, stopped off at Baby Guru's daycare for a cup of coffee and play time for Nugget and then went home and settled Nugget in for a long afternoon nap while I made homemade chicken soup for dinner. My husband came home a little early, something my son and I love because we get time to play together. And then it started. I walked into our bedroom to find our dog laying on our bed, something she's no longer to do, and low and behold when I made her get off there was a giant pee stain. She saturated our bed, right down to the down mattress cover we just bought a few months ago. Need I remind you that we have NO washing machine. So we scrambled to remove the cover, change the sheets and find enough covers to keep us warm since our main comforter was ruined. Then the phone rings and it's a money call. You know the money call, the one you weren't expecting but that you now owe more than you have call. And right before the holidays. I didn't talk the rest of the night, I was to frustrated.
I read a few chapters of my book and went to bed, but of course I didn't sleep. I listened to Nugget cough all night. He must be coming down with something, I thought. I got up and filled the humidifier and tossed and turned in my sheets and multiple blankets.
In the morning I got Nugget ready to go off to the printers. I'd finished my holiday letter (something I swore I would do this year, especially since so much has happened with Nugget and all and we're so far away from everyone)and since I'd gotten Nuggets holiday photos the night before I planned on printing the letter up and sending them off today. But no go. The printer was down and the rain was preventing a walk to the library. So no letter. Just then I figured I'd check my camera and send off some pictures to the fam, when....the lens shattered. Ahhhh. Have you had one of these? These never ending days. Tomorrow I have to drive out to Melville just to get the camera to the repair shop for Nikon and pray that it's fixed before I leave for Nuggets first birthday and Christmas.
But that's not the worst. Nugget is sick. Diarhea sick. Everywhere and non stopping. Through his clothes and everything. My poor baby has a stomach bug and suddenly I'm not feeling so hot as well.
Maybe I should go to bed now and wake up tomorrow when this is all done?

No comments: