Friday, December 5, 2008

Girls, Girls, Girls

Tonight's the night. December 5th. Who knows what will go on, but one things for sure, there's going to by side splitting laughter, tons of conversation, bottle of flowing wine, endless amounts of food and a great deal of catch up. Why? Because tonight is our girls holiday dinner. It seems crazy that it's been so long, and that I avoided while I was going through a rough time. Just from chatting with them on the phone all afternoon, what time will we meet, whose picking who up, what about stopping at Coffee Beans for wine first, has got me all excited. I can't wait to put on some make-up, make-up you remember that 6 letter word right, let my hair down, that's right no knot on top of my head tonight-well at least until we make it through dinner, and wear a cute outfit. I love my friends, and though I've gotten the girlfriend email about a million times, you know about the one where the mother brings her daughter out on the porch to talk about keeping her girlfriends close throughout her life and while she'll need them, this email couldn't ring more true in my life now.
But my favorite part of this evening is the "Round Table." The round table is something Coffee Bean invented two years ago, maybe three, and it was something we all mounded at. Someone starts off round table and it's basically a game of catch-up. We state what's new in our lives, what's happened and anything exciting we want to talk about. Now that round tables been around for a while we all love it. I even got a text from City the other day saying that she can't wait for Round Table to tell me all that's new in her life. And, you know what, she was an avid hater of round table. But you know what else, I've been thinking about what she could have to say all week and it's killing me.
So, I know I'll be tired tomorrow, probably dragging tired, but I also know I'll be smiling ear to ear and thinking about all my girlfriends and how far we've all come and how different each one of us have become. From a group of girls who started working together at C&R four years ago, to a group of girls who have all launched careers, families and around the world destinations. We've done pretty good and we've stuck by each others sides through all of it, even if we didn't talk every day.
This my friends is what I love about the holidays!

No comments: